Windscreen Repairs & Services
A windscreen repair is should be undertaken anytime there is a chip in the windshield. Even a chip, as small as a millimetre, should be addressed before it becomes any bigger. Larger cracks may require that the entire windscreen be replaced.
Having a strong windscreen will help to keep your family safe whether you are driving out of town or around Brisbane. Make an appointment with the friendly team at KATS Automotive Service Centre to have any glass issues fixed today!
Why Work With KATS Automotive Service Centre
- Correct Windscreen Repair: Our mechanics use the highest quality resin, primers and adhesive to ensure your windscreen is kept in the best shape.
- Peace of Mind: All of the glass work we do is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- Top Mechanics: Our team is kept up to date on the latest services and parts thanks to ongoing training seminars and service bulletins from Repco.
How is Windscreen Repair Performed
Windscreen repair can be repairing a chip in the windshield or replacing the entire windshield in the case of cracks which are extreme.
When there is a small crack industry professionals will use a special repair kit containing a resin compound which is put into the crack and seals so that it looks like the crack was never there.
When the entire windscreen needs to be replaced the experts will take out the old glass and fit the new glass into place. The new glass will be held in place with the most advanced primer and adhesive on the market.
Effects of aChipped Windscreen
Windshield chips can turn into serious cracks and cause the windscreen to shatter. Some of the things which affect the condition of the windscreen include:
- Pressure or movement which can turn a chip into a full blown crack.
- Extreme temperature such as we experience in Queensland can cause the crack or chip to get bigger.
- Chips or cracks in windscreen are a Qld Transport defect which could attract a fine.
Make an appointment with the friendly team at KATS Automotive Service Centre to have your vehicle’s glass repaired today!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 5:00PM